Coaching to Learn: Mini-conference on coaching in higher education
This conference was presenting the main outputs and activities from the JISC funded PC3 project over the last 3 1/2 years. This was an interactive event giving participants the opportunity to experience various aspects of coaching for themselves. Presentation slides and videos of the sessions are available below.
Presenter biographies are available here: Coaching to Learn presenters
- 9:15 Refreshments
- 9:45 Introduction by Ruth Pickford & Janet Finlay – Video
- 10:15 Key Note: Sarah Readings – What can a coaching approach offer to education? – Video
- 11:15 – Break
- 11:30 Nick Halafihi – Sport Business Management Case Study – embedding a coaching ethos into the curriculum and pedagogy of a course. – Video
- 12:00 John Grey – Using Technology to Support Coaching – Online Coaching? – Video
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:30 Cathy Theaker – The ‘Kick Start’ approach – assisting students in developing skills and abilities to support academic performance
- 1:55 Dawn Wood – An Elephant, A Monkey and A Sheep. The Handout for the coaching activity.
- 2:15 Coaching Ambassadors: Promoting a positive experience of coaching across the university
- 3.15 Janet Finlay – Coaching Tool-Kit: a free resource to enable students, staff, course teams and institution to embed coaching practice in the learning and teaching.
- 3:45 Questions and feedback
- 4:00 Close
This was a free event on May 31st at the Lewis Jones Suite in Carnegie Stadium, Headingley Leeds.